INSPIRE - View Services
table of contents
The INSPIRE view services are freely available Web Map Services (WMS), which enable the graphical representation of the INSPIRE data topics (spatial data sets) of the Federal Office of Metrology and Surveying (BEV). The WMS serve as interface for calling sequences from maps. One of the advantages of this feature is that raster and vector based maps can be visualized as raster images.
The INSPIRE view services allow to integrate spatial data sets in GIS applications (e.g. QGIS, ArcGIS) or to display them directly in the browser via URL (GetMap request). The integration of a view service takes place via the WMS interface of a GIS application by specifying a generated URL. The GIS application makes it easy to change the section of the desired geodata set with functions such as navigating, zooming in / out of the map. It is also possible to overlay data (layers) or display information from legends and other relevant contents of metadata.
Currently available network services:
- WMS Coordinate reference systems
- WMS Geographic grid systems
- WMS Geographic names
- WMS Administrative units
- WMS Addresses
- WMS Cadastral parcels
- WMS Elevation
- WMS Land cover
- WMS Orthoimagery
Requirements for access
Access to the INSPIRE View Services requires registration via the BEV.
The individual registration steps at a glance:
- Download the order form from the BEV Portal.
- Submit the completed order form to the customer service of the BEV.
- We will send you an activation link which you have to confirm.
- We will provide you with your username and password for the BEV access management (BEV-Interceptor).
- Generate a valid token using the interceptor for accessing the INSPIRE view services.
- The WMS interface of the view services can be embedded in a GIS application.
According to the current state of the respective products.
Product list and prices
The use of the INSPIRE view services is free of charge. The standard fees and conditions (see Point 2.2.2.) of the BEV shall apply for external use.
The General Terms and Conditions (GTC) BEV General Terms and Conditions 20 (PDF, 475 KB)18 (PDF, 224 KB) and the Standard fees and Licensing conditions Standard Charges and Licensing Conditions 2022 (PDF, 475 KB) of the BEV govern the access and use of our web site .
Contact and order
Order information and order form
Descriptions / Interfaces